My brother came up with the idea for me to blog so that everyone will know what's going on with Olivia and how we are all coming along. I've decided to give it a try and see how people like it.
Life has changed SO much since February 15th! I never knew I could love someone so much or worry about someone so much or enjoy watching someone sleep. It truly is the little things that make me happy now. Before being a mom I never knew that I would be happy about a poopy diaper. I learned quickly that no poop makes for a cranky baby! I never knew that seeing a smile on someones face could turn a bad day into the best day possible. I never knew that I would argue with Nick about who was going to get up with Olivia in the middle of the night, just because it meant that I could spend just a little more time with my baby girl. Get the point?!? I'm absolutely in love with Olivia and being a mommy :)
Just a little update on where we are with Olivia...
She is 5 months old now! Already! I can't believe how time passes so quickly. I told a friend last week that I feel like I live in fast forward now. She will soon be a half of a year old, then a year, then 18, and then having kids of her own. TIME PLEASE SLOW DOWN!!!!
Olivia is in daycare at Wilson Christian Academy. There are 10 other babies from 6 weeks-12 months in the room. It makes me sad that she doesn't get the one on one attention I give her at home, but she does great and the people there are great. They always tell me how wonderful of a baby she is. They tell me they need a whole room of her! I thought they were just telling me that one day because they don't like to tell people they have bad kids... until one day I went in a they told me how fussy she had been that day. So I decided that they really would tell me if she wasn't good. It makes me happy that she gets to socialize with other children and I know that it will help her in the long run.
She is the happiest baby in the world. She smiles all the time; unless she is hungry, needs a clean diaper, or is sleepy. And her new found laugh is the cutest thing in the world. She can lay in the floor and play by herself and be content and happy. She loves anything that she can get into her mouth. When she cries I know that she needs something and not just crying to make noise or to be held. Yes, I know I'm blessed!
We are now feeding her baby food and she loves it! So far she has had rice cereal, squash, and sweet potatoes. I haven't seen an allergic reactions to anything yet. We are going to start carrots next week. Feeding her makes me laugh. She makes funny faces at the new tastes, spits it out sometimes, lets it get all over her face, puts her hands in her full mouth and gets it everywhere. It is messy and entertaining and FUN :) I haven't let anyone give her table food yet. I'm just too nervous for that. I know Uncle Mike, Grandma & Papa T-Bone will be SO glad when I stop being so strict about the no table food or taste test policy! They are all dying to let her try things.
Olivia is sleeping through the night and has been since she was about 2 months old. We've had nights here and there where she wakes up but for the most part she sleeps. We have a bedtime routine and it works great! She gets a bath, has her last bottle, then into the bed and she puts herself to sleep! Naps are the same way, she starts rubbing her eyes and into the crib she goes and within 10 minutes she is out! I miss rocking her to sleep and snuggling with her, but I know it is good that she can comfort herself to sleep. Again, I know I have been blessed with a good baby :)
She can roll all over the place now. I put toys about on the floor and she rolls to whatever she wants and when she is done or something else catches her eye she rolls on! She is extremely nosey; I wonder where she gets that from?!? ;) She can also get up on all 4's but has not yet mastered the art of crawling. I think that may be a while.
Another thing we are working on is sitting unassisted. She is still a little wobbly but can sit for about 4 seconds without holding on. I think she will soon conquer sitting :)
This summer has been fun! Olivia has been to the river, to the pool and to the ocean! She seems to like the water. I dislike that I cannot put sunscreen on her yet and we have to find shade or make shade everywhere we go, but we manage. On the fourth of July she went on her first boat ride and HATED it. I think it was more of the life jacket she hated than the boat ride itself. At the ocean we took Olivia into the water and a wave crashed over her head, but she was a big girl and didn't cry!
Tired of hearing about Olivia yet?!? I could go on ALL day!
As for Nick and I...
We are just loving life and enjoying our little family! We don't plan on having any more kids right away. I had originally said no more, but now think we'll have another, just no time soon.
Nick is now working for Coca Cola in Washington. He likes is a lot better than Jeffreys; he just doesn't enjoy the drive. He is staying busy playing softball.
I am still at Sandoz, Inc in Wilson. I too hate the drive to work. I would love to quit and be a stay at home mom. I think that would be the best job ever. If only I could find a way to cover insurance costs....
Stay tuned for more updates :)
I am SOOOO happy you are blogging!! This way I can read all about Cole's future wife!
ReplyDelete